Control Freak Breakdown

>> Wednesday, February 23, 2011


... this pretty much describes my feelings over the weekend!

Marybeth, my oldest daughter had a dance competition in Atlanta... once we received the news that her performance time had been changed to 8:20 a.m. we decided to leave Friday night instead of Saturday morning... this was PERFECT, we would already be in Atlanta... we could be at the convention center early... kiss her and wish her well before she performed... get a few pictures... sip on some coffee to ease the nervous jitters...

Much to my dismay it DID NOT go that way at all... we left the hotel at 7:15 a.m. with the impression that our destination was only 6 minutes away... upon pulling up to the EMPTY parking lot my heart dropped to my feet... we were at the WRONG convention center... we were directed to the right place with minimal directions... after 8 stops to ask, a NON-FUNCTIONING GPS & many wrong turns later...
WE MISSED HER DANCING!

I tried everything I knew to do... NOTHING was working... I just laid my head on the steering wheel and cried... disappointed that I was missing my girl dance... that my mother & mother-in-law were missing their only chance to see her and the weight of what was taking place was falling on me... we found our destination exactly 25 minutes beyond performance time & the reality that "Life Doesn't Always Go As Planned" had set in...


How many times do we go through LIFE thinking we have it all planned out... we place our hope and trust in our schedules, our agendas and our different forms of technology!

We have no control... we may have the freedom to make the choices... to be prepared & organized... to choose to forgive ourselves and learn from our faults instead of falling into the pit of self-pity & despair...
BUT we have NO CONTROL... 


Without deep dependence on God we give way to despair... without His presence  we give way to dependence in things that WILL fail us... without His positive we are left with our negative... without His direction we will ALWAYS end up lost...

WHO OR WHAT IS IN CONTROL OF YOU?

"For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God"
Romans 8:14

0 comments:

Search This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP