Feeling Vulnerable...

>> Friday, February 25, 2011

 All this week our family has been struck with the flu...YUCK!... That's right, 3 out of 5, down and OUT... not sure how I managed to function as wife and mom BUT my house IS still standing... notice I said standing NOT clean... the groceries are bought, the linens are washed and I am back on my feet again...


Then I let my mind wander... as I do QUITE FREQUENTLY... how in the world did WE end up with the flu... 3 out of 5 of us at that... I'm germ conscious, I load my kids up with vitamins, we stay quarantined from those we know have been sick, we eat as healthy as possible & drink our vitamin C, etc. etc. etc... No matter how combated we were our bodies were vulnerable somewhere & sickness crept in... it took over like the plague & it fiercely wiped us out... Somewhere along the way, in all my preparations to secure VULNERABLE areas, I MISSED a spot! YIKES...


How often do we leave VULNERABLE areas in our spiritual life unsecured... open freely for the enemy to creep in... we know for sure he prowls around like a lion waiting to devour us - attack us - WIPE US OUT!... he doesn't care how prepared we THINK we are... he's waiting and watching... ready to drag us down into a nasty-slimy pit... and destroy us... FOR SURE we are all vulnerable in one way or another... BUT we have been given POWERFUL tools to SAFE-GUARD the enemy from sinking his nasty claws in us...


1. Purify Your Innermost Places ~ Psalm 139:23-24 (ESV)
"Search me O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! 
And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!"


2. Speak Life With Your Words ~ Proverbs 18:21 (ESV)
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue,
 and those who love it will eat its
 fruits."


3. Guard Your Heart ~ Proverbs 4:23 (NIV)
"Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it!"




Let's start today claiming POWER over our VULNERABLE areas!







0 comments:

Search This Blog

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP